Build 434/961: 2020.05.11
- Core: Packed .mks files now unfold resources in a way that avoids filename collisions. e.g., scenes imported from DAZ, etc...
- Core: Built-in control for IBL color saturation, directly in the IBL node.
- Core: Straightened the backplate orientation in spherical projection mode, so now it fully matches the same map when used as IBL.
- UI: Some fixes and clean-ups in AE attribute labels and tooltips, especially in the most recently added nodes.
- UI: Some fixes in the Surface Mode of the Move Tool.
Build 434/681: 2020.05.07
- Core: New uvmap object modifier to generate custom on-the-fly UVs (triplanar, box, planar, spherical, and cylindrical).
- Core: Built-in uvmap attributes at the root of each material, to generate custom on-the-fly UVs (triplanar, box, planar, spherical, and cylindrical).
- Core: On-the-fly uvmap support for displacement.
- Core: On-the-fly uvmap support for opacity mapping.
- Core: New stratified light sampling system. Better noise convergence for lights, ibl and sky/sun.
- Core: New noise pattern, with blue noise properties. More uniform and eye-pleasing noise.
- Core: New BSDF controls for anisotropy and anisotropy map (WIP).
- Core: New BSDF controls for anisotropy rotation and anisotropy rotation map (WIP).
- Core: Object trace sets (Studio-only).
- Core: New shape procedural node that produces sticker-like shapes (i.e., polygons with optional round corners).
- Core: New mtl_ray_switch material. Useful for in-line compositing tricks.
- Core: New mtl_switch material. Useful to scatter different materials in a population of objects.
- Core: New IOR mode in the falloff node to simulate velvet, cloth, etc...
- Core: New flakes map node with multiple outputs, suitable to control a standard material and simulate glitter, carpaint, ...
- Core: New dots map node with multiple outputs, suitable to control a standard material and simulate granite, granular plastic, ...
- Core: New brushed map, suitable for bump-based anisotropic effects.
- Core: New grooves map, suitable for bump-based or rotation-based anisotropic effects.
- Core: New procedural scratches map, for scratched metals or plastics.
- Core: New attributes in the noise/cellular procedural maps.
- Command-line: Some pre-made batch files have been included in the installer for RenderWarrior-based batch rendering.
- Core: The views now support built-in material uvmap and uvmap modifier nodes.
- Core: Better checker/uvgrid view modes for easier uv placement.
- Core: New preliminary orthographic toggle in the perspective camera node.
- Core: Smoother triplanar curve progression.
- Core: Small performance gains (code clean-ups from recent features) accounting for a 10% approx.
- Core: Much more robust shuffling (randomization) in the map_switch node.
- Core: Much more robust shuffling (randomization) in the colorgen node.
- Core: Improved the map_ray_switch node.
- Core: 25% lower memory footprint for geometry storage during render.
- Core: Better randomization for cellular and noise procedural maps.
- Move Tool: New Surface mode to comfortably move objects and groups over a given surface.
- Move Tool: New options, shortcuts included, to rotate and flip objects with just one click.
- Move Tool: Align to camera option.
- Move Tool: Changed the units in the Move tool to centimeters instead of meters.
- Help: Misc improvements in the tooltips and the Help panel.
- Importers: Full Unicode support for STEP/IGES (chinese, japanese, ... filenames).
- Importers: Full Unicode support for OpenEXR files (I/O).
- Library: Our content library has been moved to %PROGRAMDATA% so installed content is separated from user-generated content.
- Library: The whole library has been modified so the new uvmap features are used.
- Library: New section in the library with flakes-based carpaint shaders.
- Library: New section in the library with damaged ceramic, metals and plastics.
- Library: New sample scenes in both Studio and Indie, available from the Start Dialog.
- Core: Fixed a problem that would make metallic shaders render black in older GPU architectures.
- Importers: Cameras are now imported correctly from .fbx.
- Importers: Fixed broken thumbnails in the A/B comparator.
- UI: The Render panel has been renamed to Globals.
Build 427/983: 2020.03.11
- Core: New (re-engineered) shadow_catcher. The highlight of the new SC is the ability to render images with a flat background for easy compositing of objects on websites, documents, ...
- Core: New flag for lights to affect (or not) the shadow_catcher. One mode casts light and shadows on the SC, and the other, shadows only.
- Core: New compositing mode for the Alpha AOV, that renders the shadow_catcher and the environment in black, for proper compositing of shadows.
- Core: Finished IBL reflection and refraction overrides.
- Core: Ability to inherit Object Region render from the parent (such as a group) of an object for all the children objects together.
- Core: Ability to inherit Object ID mask color from the parent (such as a group) of an object for all the children objects together.
- Core: Object Region Render (ORR) now uses a pitch black exterior for guaranteed proper compositing.
- Core: Thin-wall dielectrics see the backplate now. Especially useful for windows and car windshields.
- Core: Thin-wall reproduces the behavior of a refraction-less dielectric correctly now, in an energy-conserving fashion.
- Library: New lighting ambiences built using the new Shadow Catcher features.
- Core: About 50% lower memory usage in the framebuffer. At 4K, about 256MB are saved per AOV.
- Core: Small performance gains (code clean-ups from recent features) accounting for a 5% approx.
- UI: More optimized view/outline renders (affects navigation positively by a little bit).
- UI: Normal smoothing has been added to the views (no more faceted views).
- UI: Better clay-like material for the views, to better reveal the curvature of objects.
- UI: Fixed light orientation in the views. Before it was happening in local coordinates by mistake.
- UI: Fixed light shading in the views. Now their color in a view reveals orientation.
- UI: Light objects are displayed with transparency in the views now.
- UI: Whiter checkerboard mode to preview the Alpha AOV in the IPR. Allows for better previewing of shadow_catcher shadows in compositing mode.
- UI: Rearranged uvmapping buttons in the views for better comfort.
- Core: The transparency bounces limit (for opacity) in the Render panel now works.
- Core: Fixed a freeze for objects without a material.
- Core: Angularmap and mirrorball projection modes now match exactly with the corresponding spherical projection (ibl/backplate).
- Core: Views now reflect the visibility state of objects.
- Core: Opacity mapping works together with camera Z-Clip now. Z-Clip would break opacity until now.
- Core: Opacity mapping produces a proper Depth AOV now.
- Core: Light objects show up in the aovs correctly now.
- UI: The Start dialog was broken in Maverick Indie in the most recent build.
Build 426/301: 2020.02.27
- Core: New gradient_light node. EXCLUSIVE TO MAVERICK STUDIO.
- Core: New gradient node, improved from the existing one.
- Core: Colorspace toggle for the IBL and overrides. e.g., when an LDR map is used.
- Core: Colorspace toggle for the backplate. e.g., when an HDR map is used.
- Core: Colorspace toggle for lights. e.g., when an LDR map is used.
- Core: Colorspace toggle for standard emission. e.g., when an HDR map is used.
- Core: Now lights support all types of maps (e.g., gradients) for emission (until now, only filetex maps were supported).
- Core: Material converter, to upcast a proxy standard node into a full-fledged standard material.
- Core: New selector to choose between opaque refractions and raytraced refractions in the Alpha AOV.
- Core: New projection modes for the IBL and backplate.
- Core: New configurable and highly responsive auto-bump for displacement, for extremely fine details.
- Core: Nodes can have now multiple outputs. Some nodes (i.e., gradient, flakes, ...) use this new ability to issue color+alpha, or color+roughness, etc...
- Core: Many improvements in the shadow_catcher node have been introduced in this build, and will be expanded and documented properly in the next one.
- Importers: The importers auto-generate thumbnail previews for the materials now.
- RenderWarrior: Added a .bat file to easily batch multiple renders using renderwarrior.exe.
- Library: New lights directory with 100+ lights based in our new node for gradient lights.
- Library: New ambiences using gradient lights. EXCLUSIVE TO MAVERICK STUDIO.
- Library: New ambiences both in Studio and Indie.
- Library: Updated the content library in order to catch up with the many improvements in the core.
- Core: HDR mode in the composite map, to correctly combine HDR inputs.
- Core: Map nodes continuously generate their swatches now.
- Core: New add/mul/toggles/... in the correction map node.
- Core: Improved sampling for heightmap-based bump mapping.
- Core: The tile/no tile feature in xform_2d/3d to repeat/no repeat UVs produces null color outside the 0..1 square. Useful for decals and such.
- Core: All maps that take an xform input provide an inner set of xform attributes for easier control without creating an extra xform node.
- Core: Improved skin material, with a better default preset, and with a new control for spectral SSS radius.
- UI: Ability to drag-n-drop a gradient light from the library directly. EXCLUSIVE TO MAVERICK STUDIO.
- UI: Brand new human-made translation to chinese, by our chinese reseller AIXLEN.
- UI: Better rotation rings in the TRS tracker when the tracker is parallel to the camera viewing direction.
- UI: Swatches (previews) can be maximized with double-click in the Attribute Editor and the Nodal Editor now.
- UI: Material swatches are now saved within the .mks file, so they are persistent across sessions.
- UI: Crisper UI icons, especially in 4K displays.
- UI: Configurable Target SL for the shaderball preview in Preferences/Settings.
- UI: Added/updated documentation for many nodes in the Help panel.
- UI: Completed some missing icons (new nodes and such).
- UI: Materials are created with a proper pre-rendered swatch now.
- UI: Lights are created with proper XY/UV orientation, so text is readable stright.
- UI: Normalight uses better criteria for size and minimum distance on creation now.
- UI: Normalight uses the scene bounding box, and not the object bounding box to infer automatic size.
- UI: Plugging a map to an object's displacement auto-creates the intermediate disp node now.
- Core: Fixed composite map when the operator Subtract produces negative values.
- Core: Fixed displacement midpoint.
- Core: Fixed backplate stretch-to-fit screen mapping mode.
- Core: Repeat/rotate in xform_2d/3d happen now about the center of the texture, instead of at the bottom-left corner like before.
- Core: Fixed triplanar map (broken in the most recent public build).
- Core: Fixed a decorrelation in power between the IBL and the shadow_catcher when the default power was increased or lowered.
- Core: Lights were incorrectly solid-black from the backside, even with when in transparent mode. Now they are transparent on both sides.
- UI: Fixed some broken toggles in the PBR importer dialog.
Build 417/169: 2020.01.07
- Importers: New button to import models from Sketchfab straight.
- Importers: New COLLADA (DAE) importer.
- Importers: New glTF importer.
- Importers: New importers for 3ds, ase, blend, lwo, lws, ... and several other 3D file formats.
- UI: Alt + Drag-and-Drop to replace all the same materials at once.
- Importers: We extended the Substance Painter importer to DAE, glTF, and PLY files.
- Importers: We extended the ZBrush importer to FBX, STL, and PLY files.
- Importers: Vertex Color support in FBX. Great news for ZBrush users!
- Importers: Alembic transports object hierarchies now.
- Importers: Better numbering of unnamed nodes from the importers.
- Importers: Automatic material swatch generation based on the diffuse/color map.
- Importers: Better/safer resolution of renamed texturesets in the Substance Painter importer.
- Importers: The generic importers attempt to use our PBR map/material importer when possible.
- Importers: Fixed problems with material names with spaces in our OBJ and Substance Painter importers.
- Importers: Improved name resolution between OBJ/MTL and texture maps. This addresses some reports of models that were loading with their mtls/maps assigned incorrectly.
- Importers: Case-sensitive texture search problems in the PBR, Substance Painter/Designer, and ZBrush importers.
- Importers: Alembic preview problems when flip Y/Z is involved.
- Importers: Curvature error in degrees in STEP/IGES importer.
Build 410/870: 2019.11.27
- Core: New LENS area in the Tonemapping panel with our ArionFX toolchain ported to the GPU.
- Core: Tonemapping/LENS => COLOR FRINGE.
- Core: Tonemapping/LENS => GLARE + IRIS.
- Core: Tonemapping/LENS => BLOOM.
- Core: Tonemapping/LENS => Revamped VIGNETTING controls.
- Core: Tonemapping/UTIL => HDR SHARPEN.
- Core: Alpha AOV path-traces through refractive materials now.
- Core: Improved shadow_catcher in Alpha AOV.
- Core: Denoiser blend factor that mixes between the raw image and the denoised one.
- Core: Object Region Render feature, to render one (or more) objects excluding the rest of the image. Really useful for layered compositing.
- UI: Support for object/group hierarchy in the Scene eXplorer.
- UI: Support for object/group hierarchy in the TRS tool.
- UI: Ability to rename elements (e.g., materials, objects, groups, ...) from the Scene Explorer directly, with double-click or from the context menu.
- UI: Configurable number of decimals (precision). Defaulted to 3.
- UI: More compact layout and double-column attributes.
- UI: Direct access to our social media and blog from the Start dialog.
- UI: More precise IBL defocus range.
- Library: New foggy plastic materials directory.
- Core: Show Clipping (tonemap) has been fixed.
- UI: Toggles in the sky/sun node.
Build 409/314: 2019.11.19
- Core: New file format .mkmap (similar to .mkmtl) that allows you to save/load maps (and their dependency subgraphs).
- Core: New checkboxes in the filetex node to tile (repeat) vs. clamp UVs.
- Core: New gamma correction slider in filetex nodes.
- Core: Integer type in the user_data node.
- UI: The selection outline can be muted, or muted after 2 seconds from the settings dialog now.
- UI: Added a battery of example images to the Help panel with examples from the documentation. The list of images will get more complete over time.
- UI: Added a battery of links to the Help panel to our YouTube channel.
- UI: Preliminary support for multiple languages other than English. Translations are automatic now, but will be human-reviewed at some point.
- Core: AI Denoiser upgraded to OptiX v7.0.0, which starts significantly faster.
- Notifications: Better speed on interactive xform/dform (e.g., changing the size of lights).
- Notifications: Better defaults for size (repeat) in noise/cellular.
- UI: Brought back the buttons to undock/redock dockable panels.
- UI: Worked a bit more on the Help panel, upgrading some texts and adding some more images.
- UI: New button in the Help panel to easily turn on/off the Attribute Editor tooltips.
- UI: More descriptive infotag for the selected object(s) in the render views.
- UI: Updated to Qt5.13.2.
- Core: Rearranged triplanar mapping orientation so textures with text stay in a readable orientation in all faces.
- Importers: Strong review of the STEP/IGES importer.
- Notifications: Fixed disappearning lights when changing their size interactively.
- Notifications: Fixed possible crashes on mtl/map purge.
- Notifications: The selection outline catches up changes on dform, subdiv and displacement now.
- UI: Disabled Show in Viewport for maps where the option is not applicable.
- UI: Fixed some labels in the AOVs panel.
- UI: Unicode display for the name of the license owner.
- UI: Tooltips for attributes in the Attribute Editor are back.
- UI: Fixed a bug in the Library splitter, that was getting reset every time the app was shut down.
- New pattern maps directory.
Build 406/121: 2019.10.30
- Core: round_edges node is working great now, so despite it was present in previous builds, we may as well call it a new feature.
- Core: curvature node got improved as well.
- Core: bump_blend uses a better system now where each bump acts on the result of the previous bump, instead of mixing them all together.
- Core: Ability to 'Show in viewport' a map for better xform placement.
- Core: Fixed darkenings in some instances of Total Internal Reflection in dielectrics.
- UI: Added a new infotag bar in the IPR views that displays information about the currently selected object, such as size, # of triangles, etc...
- UI: Buttons to easily add or remove round_edges from a material.
- Core: The curvature node, sibling of round_edges, has been reviewed and improved.
- UI: New buttons to enable different selection modes in the select tool (obj, mtl, ...).
- UI: Moved the 'Click here to exit' labels to a more discreet location, at the bottom of the IPR.
- Maverick now resets the library locations on start, which makes the projectors build visible from the start.
- UI: Fixed UI in the AOVs Attribute Editor.
- UI: Fixed the tooltips in the Head Up Display for the right-most icons.
- UI: The tool icons in the views now show even if the view is brought up mid-session.
- UI: Drag-and-drop of ambiences was faulty in the most recent build. It has been fixed now.
- UI: Fixed precision problems when selecting tiny or aggressively scaled objects.
Build 404/576: 2019.10.15
- Core: The backplate is now resistant to all camera lens effects (e.g., roll, distortion, shift, tilt, ...).
- Core: Up to 4x faster light movement; e.g., when tracking a light with the normalight tool in a scene with heavy displacement.
- UI: Reorganization and beautification of the AE.
- UI: Expert mode disappeared and was turned into (more ganular) advanced groups in the AE.
- UI: Link between size A and size B in lights.
- UI: Added tooltips to all the Head Up Display actions.
- UI: Added a visual cue in the HUD that a tool other than the default select tool is enabled, to easily go back to select mode.
- UI: Unified all library panels into a single tabbed panel.
- UI: Re-designed color picker.
- UI: New light-friendly color temperature buckets in the color picker.
- UI: New option to add lights to the current ambience, so they rotate along with the rest of the ambience elements.
- New projector maps library.
- New material ambiences.
- New plastics library.
- All materials were reviewed to conform to the new proxy nodes.
- Core: shadow_catcher affects the Alpha AOV now.
- Core: New standard proxy => basic.
- Core: New standard proxy => emissive.
- Core: New standard proxy => emissive_coated.
- Core: New standard proxy => gemstone.
- Core: New standard proxy => glass.
- Core: New standard proxy => lambert.
- Core: New standard proxy => liquid.
- Core: New standard proxy => metal.
- Core: New standard proxy => metal_coated.
- Core: New standard proxy => plastic.
- Core: New standard proxy => plastic_advanced.
- Core: New standard proxy => plastic_coated.
- Core: New standard proxy => skin.
- Core: New standard proxy => translucent.
- UI: New Help panel, with well-presented documentation for the currently selected node.
- UI: Ability to drag and drop projectors from the library onto light objects.
- UI: New light type; Hard spotlight, preconfigured with hard shadows to highlight shapes and materials.
- UI: Actions to apply a map as displacement to the selected object.
- Core: Fixed a potential crash when SSS and AOVs were used together.
- UI: Fixed a bug that was making point-and-click fail on flat/large surfaces on the IPR and views.
Build 398/567: 2019.09.03
- Installer: Fixed the Substance presets included in the installer.
Build 400/420: 2019.09.09
- Core: Faster warm-up times, ranging from 20% to 2x, depending on how heavy the scene is.
- Made the Substance Painter much smarter, by reading the companion .json file, when present. Thanks to this, we support renamed texture sets now.
- Fixed a problem with the ordering of node plugs in the nodal editor.
- Fixed culling when subdiv/displacement happens behind the camera.
Build 398/567: 2019.09.03
- Installer: Fixed the Substance presets included in the installer.
Build 399/709: 2019.09.06
- Core: Faster warm-up times, ranging from 20% to 2x, depending on how heavy the scene is.
- Installer: Fixed a problem with a missing dll in the Maverick Indie installer.
Build 398/567: 2019.09.03
- Installer: Fixed the Substance presets included in the installer.
Build 398/470: 2019.09.02
- Introduction of Maverick Indie.
- Importers: Efficient Substance Painter importer.
- Importers: Efficient Substance Designer importer.
- Importers: Efficient ZBrush importer for multi-part objects and their textures.
- UI/Core: Turntable animation wizard.
- UI/Core: Multi-tile feature to auto-add one xform to rule all the maps in a material.
- Core: Render-time subdivision/dicing.
- Core: Ultra-high quality displacement mapping.
- UI: New button to reload (update) the geometry.
- UI: New button to reload (update) all maps.
- UI: New button to recalculate subdiv/displacement.
- UI: Rearranged/simplified object properties.
Build 390/238: 2019.08.05
- Core: Xform override in filetex node.
- UI: New shortcuts to reveal the main nodes in the HUD.
- IPR: Scenes start to render 25%-50% faster now.
- UI: Better log-scale sliders.
- UI: Faster interactive light size editing
- UI: Better tool information in the HUD.
- Core: Fix for Adaptive+LightMixer, which was disarraying the RGB channels until now..
- SX: Top lights are now created oriented to the current viewport position.
- Importers: FBX importer now converts units to meters by default.
Build 387/660: 2019.07.26
- shadow_catcher: Now the ibl/backplate are camera-projected onto the floor, so they are "seen" (i.e., reflected) by objects properly.
- shadow_catcher: Now the ibl/backplate get proper Depth-Of-Field.
- shadow_catcher: Support for sky/sun/lights.
- Core: New "no direct" flag for standard materials.
- Core: New "no indirect" flag for standard materials.
- Core: New "cam_projection" node. Very useful when used in combination with the shadow_catcher.
- Core: Fixed Y flip in spherical cameras.
- UI/Core: New button to reload all the scene textures, in case they were edited in an external app.
- UI: New camera navigator on the top-right corner of the framebuffer.
- UI: New visual aids for the active tool.
- UI: New navigation control presets for users of Rhinoceros, SolidWorks, 3ds Max, Maya, Fusion 360, Cinema 4D, Substance Painter or Marmoset.
- UI: New presets for globals/rendering.
- UI: New presets for tonemapping.
- Select Tool: Rotate Environment is now Rotate Ambience and rotates at the same time: IBL, Sun and Ambience Lights (with "##. " prefix).
- Core: More friendly settings for the WatchDog Timer (60 seconds).
- Importers: Ability to manually orbit and zoom OpenGL preview.
- Library: Improved loading time of previously visited folders.
- Select Tool: Added group mode.
- Select Tool: Some shortcuts have changed (Autofocus, Rotate Ambience and Modify IBL Intensity).
- UI: Ability to navigate the camera towards the top-bottom poles (vertical cameras).
- UI: Removed pan-zoom 32px border. It was not comfortable on fit-to-view resolution.
- UI: Denoiser was moved to the globals panel.
- TRS Tool: Scaling is now logarithmic and has wider range.
- IPR: Locked objects can receive autofocus and can be unlocked from the context menu.
- Core: Standard emission now illuminates in the same units as regular lights.
- Core: Standard emission combined with other layers (e.g., dif/spc/...) was not casting the right amount of light.
- Core: Fixed "File > Save Selection".
- UI: Crash on new scene after loading/importing another.
- Select tool: Fixed dolly problem in some scenes.
- SX: Rendering material previews was hanging up Maverick. Fixed now.
Build 384/039: 2019.07.05
- Importers: New OpenGL preview for evident visuals of the vertical axis flip.
- Importers: Easier way to correctly set the scene scale.
- Importers: Automatic numerical precision adjustment based on the scene scale.
- Core: Filetex invert checkbox. Handy to avoid correction nodes.
- Core: The weight slider in the composite node multiplies the weight map, so both value/map work together.
- Core: Vertex colors (cvidxs/cvlist).
- UI: Fixed black envelope in Start dialog thumbnails.
- TRS tool: Axes can be now locked in the TRS panel and Gizmo will only work on those locked axes. Also in this mode you can drag anywhere in the IPR to start a TRS operation.
- Importers: Progressbar in FBX importer.
- Core: Filetex filtering automatically on (bilinear) by default.
- UI: Better toggles in the AE for sliders/colors paired with maps.
- UI: The start dialog only registers MRU files of extension .mks, to keep things sorted better.
- IPR: Locked nodes can not be selected and are not affected by drag and drop operations.
- Nodal Editor: Reordering algorithm improved.
- SX: New lights have now a suitable size according to the scene and the position is now a little bit farther away from the centroid of the object.
- SX: New spotlights are now discs and have half the size of other lights by default.
- Core: Standard emission does not cancel the GI.
- UI: registry.ini supports Unicode paths now (e.g., library).
- UI: registry.ini is more resistant to corruption now (some issues were reported about this).
- TRS panel: "Move pivot bottom" is working now.
Build 380/660: 2019.06.21
- Nodal Editor: New "Auto-fill xforms" button that creates a xform_2d node and connects it to all the xform_2d empty plugs in the selected nodes or their children.
- Nodal Editor: New "Order nodes" button that relocates the left-side tree of the selected nodes.
- Nodal Editor: New "Expand nodes" button that expands the selected nodes and their left-side tree.
- TRS panel: New "Snap to pivot" button that moves selected objects to the selected pivot.
- SX: New "Locked" mode for Objects and Lights. If they are locked they can't be moved.
- Core: Sun can be enabled independently of sky, and even be combined with the IBL.
- UI: Sky/Sun have been detached in the Scene Explorer.
- UI: Backplate/Ibl have been detached in the Scene Explorer.
- UI: More elegant display for the shading library.
- Settings: Yellow tooltips can be disabled.
- TRS: Now local mode works with more than one object selected.
- SX: "Filter connected materials" now filters connected maps too.
- SX: Light groups have now different color from Object groups.
- SX: New "Select Materials with Same Map" button that searches Materials using the selected Map and selects them in the SX.
- IPR views: The bottom toolbar has now a "Cam Light" button that creates a light using the transform of the current view.
- Layouts: Simplified the Layouts menu.
- Layouts: Added keyboard shortcuts (F1 ~ F4) to change between layouts quickly.
- Creating a camera now really links the new camera to the IPR tracker.
- "Rotate IBL" with "Shift + Right click" shortcut did not update the sun position properly. Fixed now.
- IPR views toolbar bottom was not working properly. The cam/light combobox was "empty" sometimes. Fixed now.
- Swatches now show alpha properly.
Build 377/909: 2019.06.10
- TRS panel: New vertical design.
- TRS panel: Spinners now have buttons and drag functionality.
- TRS panel: Now you can change an object's pivot to its top, bottom or center.
- TRS panel: Right click on a spinner resets its value to its default. 0 for position or rotation, 1 for scale.
- The TRS gizmo has been redesigned with new colors (alpha), new distribution and sizes.
- The TRS gizmo now shows the values that you are modifying while dragging.
- The TRS gizmo has new references to rotate, scale or translate with steps.
- Spinners can be modified now using the mouse wheel.
- Changing a group name now updates the Scene Explorer.
Build 376/279: 2019.05.31
- The Start Screen now notifies the user about new Maverick updates available on the website.
- The Settings/Version panel now displays the latest version changelog.
- Lights SX: New light groups.
- IPR select tool: "Shift + drag" now rotates Sun and also IBL.
- Mesh lights now can be mapped, with proper UVs.
Build 374/152: 2019.05.24
- IBL overrides for reflection and refraction (WIP).
- Materials SX: New "Render Material Previews" button.
- Drag and drop from Library to SX or NE (without target) creates a user_data color map.
- Normalight: "Shift + Drag" changes size_a (drag vertically) OR size_b (drag horizontally).
- Readjusted CUDA register configuration and got an extra 10% performance on 2080 RTX cards.
- More readable font for the infotag in the IPR.
- Drag & drop images (filetex) into Maverick will not auto-inspect in the Attribute Editor anymore.
- IPR context menu: Added new option "Disable Camera DOF".
- IPR context menu: "Disable DOF" has been renamed to "Disable Global DOF".
- IPR context menu: Visibility options do not affect lights anymore, just objects.
- Minor beautification adjustments in the UI.
- The "Create Camera" button has been moved from the Objects SX to the IPR bottom toolbar.
- Created cameras are now automatically selected in the IPR and inspected in the Attribute Editor.
- Lights SX: IBL and Sky nodes have now their own category "Environments".
- Connect an image (filetex) with a bump/normal map plug will automatically create now a bump map node in between.
- "Brightness" in Color Correction in HDR mode acts as a power multiplier.
- Lights included in "Zoom extension" util.
- Normalight: Move selected light with mouse wheel stopped working in the last build. Fixed now.
- OBJ importer: Explicit normals.
- FBX importer: Explicit normals.
- Fixed material library dielectrics for 780 and older cards.
- Fixed a bug in IPR camera dolly.
Build 373/277: 2019.05.20
- Halved memory usage and upload time for 16f images. e.g., Library environments.
- The IBL map can be any map now; not just a filetex. e.g., you can use Color Correction, gradients, ...
- New objects library, with pre-applied shadow_catcher in different configurations.
- New primitives library, with shapes you can test your materials in.
- Environments drag-and-drop time greatly optimized. e.g., 4K now takes about the same as 1K before.
- Added a mode in the filetex node to pick: color, red, green, blue, alpha.
- Improved drag & drop over multiple objects.
- New HDR mode in the Color Correction node. e.g., Preserves HDR-ness when used with IBL maps.
- New "invert output" mode in the Color Correction node, in addition to "invert input".
- The installer makes sure that the Content Library (materials, environments, ...) is updated.
- Added a shortcut list panel.
- Centered filetex bilineal interpolation mode to cancel the offset when compared to no interpolation.
- Added a dialog when Studio starts, to warn the user if there is no GPU or the GPU(s) found are low-end.
- The ability to turn off GPUs was lost in the last build. Fixed now.
- The registry gets reset to adopt the new libraries if the running build is older than today.
Build 372/122: 2019.05.10
- Rhino to Maverick: Exporter plug-in (bridge).
- IBL interpolation (no more pixelated environments).
- Multi-threaded IBL warm-up (much faster high-resolution IBLs).
- Multi-threaded EXR I/O.
- Faster library thumbnails (especially environments).
- Improved library of floors.
- Library of environments re-encoded as 4K EXR files.
Build 371/101: 2019.05.03
- Material thumbnails are stored in JPEG now (smaller files).
- Increased the inner size of thubnails from 128x128 to 192x192.
- The selection node is now volatile and not saved across sessions.
- Fixed default IBL used on import.
- Extended GPU compatibility all the way back to CC 3.0 (680 and siblings).
- shadow_catcher: Color-able and weigh-able shadows.
- shadow_catcher: Reflective property.
- shadow_catcher: Bump/Normal mapping.
- shadow_catcher: Ambient Occlusion.
Build 370/839: 2019.04.26
- New Lib: Objects.
- New library resources for floors, bases and backgrounds.
- Library directories were arranged better.
- Names in library controls are hidden when in icon mode.
- Improved SX: Materials with tree structure to easily instance or connect nodes with drag & drop.
- Improvements in SX filters.
- New SX filter for connected materials only.
- General fix-ups.